When you receive your due date, some mums to be cling to the EDD and see it as the finishing line to their pregnancy journey but what happens when that date comes and goes? The impatience starts (never mind avoiding the phone calls from well meaning friends asking if you have had the baby yet), so here are our top tips for 10 things to do when you are overdue.
1. Pamper yourself with a pedicure ….. it may have been a while since you could stretch down there!
2. Offer to babysit for a friend with a baby ….. gives you some practice and your friend a break for a few hours.
3. Tell your partner how much you love them and maybe indulge in some sexy time!!
4. Make some food that you can freeze such as lasagne or chilli …. you will be grateful for the ability to just warm it up when you have a newborn baby.
5. Read positive birth stories!
6. Call an old friend for a catch up. It maybe a while before you are able to have a completely uninterrupted conversation.
7. Wash all the baby clothes and have them ready.
8. Write a list of all the things you will miss about being pregnant.
9. Practice relaxation techniques and positive affirmations for the birth of your baby.
10. Recalculate your due date ….. because you never know, the midwife may just have it wrong and you are not overdue at all.
And finally ….. get ready because baby will arrive within a matter of days, however it happens.